If you are looking to land a job in the software industry, web development is something that you should definitely have in your toolbox. Basically, web development refers to everything from building, creating, and maintaining websites.
As a web developer, you should also be proficient in designing, programming, as well as database management. The world of web development can be classified into frontend development and backend development.
The front end is that part of the website that the user directly interacts with. It is also known as the client-side of the application.
Backend development basically deals with the server-side of a website. Users cannot interact with this part of a website. What this means is that this piece of software does not come in direct contact with the users. In this article, I have shared both frontend and backend interview questions.
20 Web Development Interview Questions with Answers 
The var keyword can be used to declare both local and global variables, for example a var variable declared outside a function will have global scope and available everywhere while the variable declared inside the function will be only available in function or have local scope.
4. What can you do to reduce page loading time?
- Reducing the image size
- Removing unnecessary widgets
- Avoiding multiple redirects
- Reducing lookups
- Checking the current speed of the website
- Cleaning the web code
5. What can you tell us about CORS?
6. What are some of the advantages of using HTTP 2.0?
7. What are some of the new form elements introduced in HTML 5?
- <keygen>, which generates an encryption key
- <progress>, which heads in the direction of max value
- <meter>, which displays a general value within a range
- <output>, which provides an output
- <datalist>, which specifies a list of options
8. What is the most efficient way to integrate stylesheets into a website?
9. What can you tell us about the default border size in Canvas?
10. What is your idea of a perfect development environment?
11. What are some of the new APIs provided by HTML5?
13. What are some of the web technologies that you are proficient in?
- The Alert box simply displays a message with an OK button.
- The Confirm box shows a confirmation message window with an OK and a Cancel button.
- The Prompt box asks for user input followed by confirmation buttons.
- Local - This includes variables that are defined inside a function
- Global - This includes variables that are defined outside of a function.
17. Can you use Git for pushing real changes on a website?
18. What are some of the web development tools?
- GitHub can be used for working together with a team.
- CodePen can be used for deploying websites and building test cases.
- JS can be used for structuring web applications.
- Grunt can be used for automating repetitive tasks.
19. How can you optimize your website's loading time?
20. What can you tell us about HTTP/3?
21. How can Canvas be used in HTML?
23 . What is the basic difference between Canvas and SVG?
- Top 5 Websites to learn React.js for Beginners
- The React Developer RoadMap
- 5 Best courses to learn React Native in depth
- The 2023 Frontend and Backend Developer RoadMap
- 5 Courses to Learn Ruby and Rails for Free
- 10 Books and Courses to learn Angular
- My favorite free Courses to learn Angular and React
- My favorite books to learn React.js in depth
- 5 Free Courses to learn Kubernetes in depth
- 5 Free Docker Courses for Java and DevOps Engineer
- 5 Online training courses to learn Angular for Free
- 3 Books and Courses to Learn RESTful Web Services in Java