What is YAML?
YAML is similar to Extensible Markup Language in that it targets many of the same communications applications, but it has a simpler syntax that is meant to be different from SGML.
Nesting is shown in YAML using Python-style indentation. Whitespaces are used instead of tab characters since tab characters are not allowed. Braces, square brackets, closing tags, and quotation marks are not included in the standard style. The extension of YAML files is .yml or .yaml.
A YAML file's structure is either a map or a list.
You may connect key-value pairs with maps. Each key must be distinct, and the sequence is irrelevant. Consider a Python dictionary or a Bash script variable assignment. YAML also allows you to reuse configuration which means you can declare a set of properties as a configuration unit and then refer to that again with declaring them. You can even overwrite them if you want.
3 Best YAML Courses for Beginners to Learn Online in 2023
1. YAML Zero to Master
- What exactly is YAML, and why is it so popular in configuration management?
- How does YAML vary from XML and JSON?
- Use Cases for YAML
- Scalars, Strings, Sequences, Dictionaries, and Explicit Typing are all covered in the YAML Basic Concepts section.
- YAML advanced features such as anchors, aliases, overriding, multi-document support, and writing complex keys are all covered.
- Using yamlint and internet resources to validate YAML files
- AWS Cloud Formation, Docker Compose, and Kubernetes real-world YAML examples.
What are YAML (YAML Ain't Markup Language) and introduction to it
How YAML is similar inline style to JSON (is a superset of JSON)
Understand how easy and simple to represent complex mapping inside YAML
YAML use cases and why it is being used heavily inside Configurations management
Thumb rules that need to be followed in writing a valid YAML file
Scalars inside YAML and how they represent a single stored value
YAML support to Strings, Integer, Float, Date, Timestamp, Boolean, Null, etc.
How to write multiple lines of String using folded style and literal style inside YAML
How YAML supports comments inside it and how to write them with the help of #
YAML support implicit and explicit typing
How to write different types of data formats using !! timestamp data tag
What are Sequences inside YAML and how to write it using Block style and flow style
What are Dictionaries inside YAML and how to write them to represent related object details like Application, Person, Vehicle, etc?
What is the common structure inside the YAML document
How to write complex keys inside YAML using?
What are Anchors & Alias inside YAML? How to write them using & and *
What is overriding/merging inside YAML and how to use inside Anchors and Alias using <<:
How YAML supports multi-documents and how to write them using --- & ...
How to validate YAML files using command-line tools and yamllint which is a python package
How to define custom configurations inside yamllint
How to validate YAML files and convert them into JSON using online websites
YAML real examples inside AWS Cloud Formation, Docker Compose, and Kubernetes
2. The Ultimate YAML Course - Learn YAML from Scratch
Here are things you will learn in this YAML course:
- This course covers the fundamentals of YAML, including how to read it, configure it, and use it in Python.
- This video is designed for those who are new to YAML.
- There are ten distinct samples that demonstrate the many characteristics of YAML.
- The YAML files are also included in the course for you to try out.
- An assignment for constructing a YAML file from scratch for a real-world scenario is also included in the course.
- The course includes a Q&A session that allows you to test your knowledge of the YAML topics covered in the course.
- All of the principles are discussed in great depth for the benefit of newcomers.
- There are additional sample programs for consuming YAML from Python.
3. Introduction to YAML [FREE]
- What is YAML?
- Overview of YAML data serialization language and its benefits.
- Building a deep understanding of YAML's syntax and its supported data types.
- Generating powerful structures using nested containers
- Creating YAML files for storing and exchanging data.
- Working with anchors in documents
- Learning the purpose of YAML and its usage in various tools and applications.
4. A Journey through YAMLYAML is the language for you whether you're a DevOps specialist seeking a means to set up your build or a developer looking for a one-stop-shop to describe your whole API design and development cycle. Developers may also use YAML to configure Docker, Ansible, and AWS.
You'll pick up on YAML quickly. It is one of the greatest configuration tools available, allowing you to easily develop and set up your own applications. The learning curve should be quite level and straightforward.
- YAML and Gitlab for CI/CD
- YAML configuration and use with Atom
- Strings, Integers, Decimals, Booleans, and other YAML Data Types
- YAML Arrays and Maps
- YAML Data Structures Comments (Sequences, Mappings, Scalers, etc.)
- YAML anchors and tags
- How to utilize Swagger with YAML.
- JSON & YAML: Gateway to Microservices, DevOps & Containers
- YAML Fundamentals for DevOps, Cloud & IaC Engineers
General Questions :
- Top 5 Courses to learn Docker and Kubernetes
- 10 Things Java Developers Should Learn in 2023
- 10 DevOps Courses for Senior Developers
- The 2023 DevOps Developer RoadMap
- 10 Free Docker Courses for Java and DevOps Professionals
- Top 5 Courses to Learn Jenkins for Automation and DevOps
- 5 Free Selenium Courses to Learn Automation Testing
- 6 Maven Courses for Java Developers
- 13 Best Courses to Learn DevOps in Depth
- 15 Courses to learn Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
- 10 Tools Java Developers Should Learn in 2023
- 10 Free Courses to learn AWS in depth
- 5 Free Spring Framework and Spring Boot Courses
- Top 5 Hibernate and JPA Courses for Java JEE Developers
Thanks for reading this article so far. If you like these best YAML online training courses, please share them with your friends and colleagues. If you have any questions or feedback, then please drop a note.
P. S. - If you are looking for some free courses to start your DevOps journey and learn essential tools like Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes then, you should check out this list of Free Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes courses for DevOps and Programmers.
Post a Comment